Friday, November 5, 2021

Eagle Glassheim - campaign letter

Dear UNA neighbours,

 

I would like to introduce myself as a candidate for the UNA Board of Directors.  I don’t want to flood your inbox, so I’ll send you two messages during the campaign: this introduction today and my platform next week.  

 

I’ve taught at UBC since 2005 and lived in the Hawthorn and Wesbrook neighbourhoods since 2015.  I have two daughters in local schools and was active with the Norma Rose Point PAC for many years.  Working with volunteers who came to Canada from over a dozen countries, I was among the core group that designed, fundraised for, and helped construct the wonderful, accessible playground the school currently enjoys.  For the last five years, I’ve been involved with the University Faculty and Staff Tenants Association (UFASTA), and I’m currently the acting president of the organization.  UFASTA advocates with UBC, the UNA, and property managers for safety, sustainability, and livability improvements to UBC housing and neighbourhoods.  You can read more about my background and experience athttps://universitytown.blogspot.com/p/eagle-glassheim.html

 

During the campaign, I’ve been very pleased to get to know fellow candidates Fei Liu and Tony Cheng, who share my commitment to improved traffic safety and better communication amongst residents.  The three of us have collaborated to launch a non-partisan, inclusive forum for UBC neighbourhood residents and visitors.  We hope you’ll join this new virtual public square: a place to share questions, discuss concerns, announce events of interest to neighbours and visitors, and build community.  https://www.facebook.com/groups/ubcneighbourhoods

 

I’ll be back in touch next week.  In the meantime, if you want to discuss the UNA or life in our neighbourhoods, please feel free to contact me any time at eagle.glassheim@gmail.com. 

 

Take care,

 

Eagle Glassheim

Candidate for the UNA Board of Directors

1 comment:

Charles Menzies said...


Any UNA candidate who wants their info posted on this blog is welcome to send it to me.